Finding Wellness in your own personal environment
Environmental Wellness is about you
Environmental wellness is having good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being. It promotes interaction with what is around you and also creating an enjoyable personal environment (both in and out of your workspace). Everyone can have a strong environmental conscious simply by raising their awareness and incorporating features that help to make their setting more agreeable. It's a choice you can make and a way of influencing the things around you that can really make a difference.
You can learn a lot about your environment and how to improve your wellness by simply just observing what is happening around you every day. There are many environmentally conscious practices you can adopt in order to improve environment. Take the time to observe your environment and determine how you can improve it. Below is a list of a few suggestions to help you become more environmentally aware.
- Set up your workspace/tools in a manner that is safer (or less strenuous), more efficient, and comfortable
- Clean or organize your home in a way that makes you feel comfortable
- In situations where you feel uncomfortable speak up and advocate for yourself
- Set time aside to meditate or cool off
- Infuse the environment you are in with things that make you happy or give you meaning
- Evaluate your time usage and if you are stretchy too thin (we are all different)
Being conscious of the environment is always top of mind for us at Woodgrain. But not just for our planet but for our employees too. Here are some of the benefits we offer to employees to help manage their personal environment.